LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 MegLT94
|
Hi,

In my last semester at UC Berkeley, I failed a major requirement and ended up not graduating due to a mental health crisis. Prior to that semester, I had a 3.89 GPA.

Due to the failure, I was notified that I had been placed on academic probation for the following semester (Fall 2018). However, I ended up retaking the class a couple years later through Cal’s extension school (not as a matriculated undergrad) so I was not subject to aforementioned academic probation mandates.

I plan to write a GPA addendum. The question I have here is whether this is something I should address in a character and fitness response as well? One of the questions on an application is whether I have ever been subject to academic probation.

If so, how should I go about explaining this?

Thanks!
Meg
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Meg,

It would appear that you are compelled to address this in a C&F reply, so what I would do is essentially use that as a combined C&F/GPA statement. In other words, don't write two statements, but one comprehensive statement that handles all questions about it :)

Thanks!
 MegLT94
|
Awesome. Thanks very much, Dave!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.