LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 flexbubbleboi
|
I'm in a good situation, but one that's leaving my confused how to proceed. I got a 167 my first time taking the LSAT and had a small jump to 170 on my second go-around. I worked with a PowerScore tutor for 5 weeks (thank you!) and managed to jump to a 180 on my third and final attempt.

I had seen from various forums online that it's generally not recommended to write an addendum explaining a score jump. But just now I was in an info session with HLS's admissions folks, and they said they do recommend an addendum if your score went up 5+ points. What do I do?
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi there,

This is a good question, and I also experienced a 10-point increase between my second and third take (168 --> 178). I chose not to write an addendum for the increase because I didn't want to say "I studied more efficiently/effectively before my third take." That being said, a T6 interviewer explicitly asked me about my score jump, so I did talk about using blind review, understanding the test better from the test-maker's point of view, etc.

If a certain school recommends writing a score addendum for a 5+ point increase, I would follow their directions. In your addendum, be sure to monitor your tone so it does not sound like you are making excuses for your old scores.

Best,
Eveline

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.