LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 lmasta0340
|
Hi Powerscore Team,

I am a law school applicant this cycle and I am wondering if I should send an updated résumé to the schools I am waitlisted at. Since the beginning of the year, I have earned my personal training certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. While I worked really hard to earn this certification, I am not sure if earning this certification is substantive enough to warrant sending an updated résumé.

If I send an updated résumé, is it just added to my file, or do schools compare each résumé to see what has changed?

Thank you in advance!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hmm, they typically just add it to your file, so they can compare but it's not something that occurs in all cases. I'd probably wait to send this until you have something to add it to--such as a LOCI, where you can restate your interest in the school and mention this update in context.

Thanks!
 lmasta0340
|
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your response! If I am going to send a LOCI, would you recommend that I include an updated résumé in addition to a LOCI, or should I just send the LOCI including the new information?
 lmasta0340
|
Thank you so much for your help!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.