LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lilmissunshine
|
Hello,

Could you explain why (A) is correct? I only found supporting evidence for the first half in line 19-21: "Technologies for the successful long-term exploitation of these resources, however, are not always implemented successfully". But I'm having trouble justifying the second half of the answer choice - "these systems can be implemented profitably in many countries". Where can I locate this in the passage?

Thank you very much!
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lil Miss Sunshine,

The example used in the third paragraph also support answer choice (A), despite being about wind energy. The scope of the passage concerns all renewable energy sources, as the first paragraph explains, and uses the Brazilian solar example as illustrative of mistakes to avoid, and the Danish/Indian example as a model to emulate, when planning any renewable energy project. Thus we can infer the author believes that by "recognizing the importance of local involvement at all levels" any renewable energy project, including solar, can have "a good chance of remaining competitive and profitable for the long run." (Lines 59-62).

Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.