LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Albertlyu
|
Please can anyone help explain why B is the answer choice?

I think the function of K's delineation of N's family documents as "stone-hard facts" is to turn something into something else useful, in the way as it did in the bible. I choose C instead, as I saw the biblical analogy.

thank you.

Albert
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Albert,

Thanks for the post! RC #9 on the June 2005 exam was actually removed from scoring on the official LSAT exam. That means LSAC pulled that question prior to scores being calculated, likely because they determined there was some sort of flaw in the question. Thus, this question was not released publicly.

Were you possibly looking at a different LSAT question?

Thanks!
 Albertlyu
|
thank you, Stephanie, for clearing this up.

Albert
 Albertlyu
|
Stephanie Turaj wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:27 pm Hi Albert,

Thanks for the post! RC #9 on the June 2005 exam was actually removed from scoring on the official LSAT exam. That means LSAC pulled that question prior to scores being calculated, likely because they determined there was some sort of flaw in the question. Thus, this question was not released publicly.

Were you possibly looking at a different LSAT question?

Thanks!
thanks, Stephanie. Sorry I misread your reply. The question I was asking is #9 of the second passage of PT46 RC, the stem asks: "Based on the passage, which one of the following functions most similarly to Kogawa's description of Naomi's family documents as "stone-hard facts" ". the right answer is B, I chose C instead for reasons illustrated above. Can you please let me know where I got wrong?

Very much appreciated.

Albert
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Albert,

I want to chime in here because this fascinates me, but I'm holding a paper copy of PT 46, with a copyright year of 2016, in the "10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests 42-51", published by LSAC, and question #9 would be on page 162, but the text reads "Item removed from scoring". I do seem to recall that PT 46, among others, was out of print for a long while - do you have an old paper copy of the test that does have that question in it?

Robert Carroll
 Albertlyu
|
Robert Carroll wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 pm Albert,

I want to chime in here because this fascinates me, but I'm holding a paper copy of PT 46, with a copyright year of 2016, in the "10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests 42-51", published by LSAC, and question #9 would be on page 162, but the text reads "Item removed from scoring". I do seem to recall that PT 46, among others, was out of print for a long while - do you have an old paper copy of the test that does have that question in it?

Robert Carroll
Hi Robert, thanks for your reply, since the next tests in the foreseeable future will be flex, I have converted to online digital practice for a while, law hub specifically, therefore I do not have the paper copy, this question can be shown on the law hub.

thanks.

Albert
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Albert,

What you are seeing here is the kind of bureaucratic error on LSAC's part. For a small number of questions, the question was originally released to the public, then later found to be flawed, and so it was then pulled from circulation. However, when LSAC went to make digital tests on Lawhub, they apparently used the original source files and so these questions have begun reappearing. Hence, your ability to see it :-D

The problem is, we know these questions are flawed, and so it's a futile effort to both do these questions and to try to explain them. After all, they were pulled for a reason! So, our official policy is to not explain them, as it's basically impossible to do so given the fatal flaws present. Your best move is to throw it out and not worry about it. Annoying I know, but this is a question that you shouldn't be seeing on the test in the first place.

Thanks!
 Albertlyu
|
Thank you Dave for clarifying this! I am relieved :-D

Albert

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.