LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

kristinaroz93
|
For question 1) The author's attitude is most favorible towards the effect the downstate campaign had on public awareness. Do we know this because of the use of the word effectively in lines 53-55?
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Kristina,

You got it; I would add to your reference lines 56-60: "...it also drew public attention...to the additional need to alleviate discrimination in the north."

Please let me know whether this is clear--thanks!

~Steve
 zsg2@cornell.edu
|
I struggled eliminating E here because the author does talk about the "dual role" that the ministers managed to maintain throughout the campaign and how this "served as a model for future ministers who sought to initiate protest actions." I took this to be a favorable view on part of the author towards the ministers posture. However, I can see why this would be an incorrect answer because the author really talks about this position (these tactics?) as being on display by the ministers THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN as opposed to just in relation to the negotiations around the final agreement. Is that the correct basis for ruling out E? I can see that D is the only other answer supported by the text.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi zsg,

The author here doesn't seem particularly impressed with the way the campaign ENDED (see the start of the last paragraph). They describe the failings of the agreement. They don't really describe the process of negotiation at all, but rather, just jump to the part where the campaign ended. We don't have enough information to support answer choice (D), and what we do have suggests that the author was not particularly impressed with that part of the campaign.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.