LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lathlee
|
Hi. I am just totally lost here. I would not know how to summarize the Main point of this passage then also match with the purpose of this Passage since I also don't know how to essence it out of the purpose. So i don't have any relevant information to judge which is the correct one. Plz, help me.
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lathlee,

You're just looking for the purpose of the first paragraph, here. Read that paragraph over, and then ask yourself, "What does this paragraph do? How does it function within the rest of the passage? Why did the author write this first paragraph?" If you're still not sure where to go from there, post your answers to those questions I just posed, and we can try to walk you through it.
 sari.lerner16
|
why is B wrong?
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sari,

(B) more accurately describes the second paragraph, where a distinction and explanation of the differences between private and collective ownership of property are discussed, and how the Native tribes, seeing ownership in collective terms, are at odds with the Canadian courts, which tend to seeing ownership only in private terms. The first paragraph deals more with a broader overview of the conflict between tribes and private entities over ownership of movable property, rather than the details of the theories behind their legal arguments. (D) correctly describes this more general, broader focus, and is the correct answer choice.

Hope this clears things up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.