LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

leslie7
|
Sophia123 wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 pm Hi,

I was between C and D for this question and ended up selecting D because I did not classify artists as a social role.
-Sophia
Hi,

I didn't line up "Auri. art was created by a distinct group of artists" to be equal/synonomous to "they had established some highly specialized social roles" - I think I couldn't see direct or obvious evidence for the word "highly" I thought it was too much of a stretch and the thing is that since the author later describes the hunter-gatherers as people who painted for more "magical" purposes I wasn't sure if they would also equate that role to be "highly specialized roles"

Just looking for someone to shed some light (of course I'm thinking about this incorrectly)
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The rest of that line really ramps up the "highly specialized" aspect of that answer, leslie7: "who would likely have spent most of their time practicing and passing on their skills while being supported by other members of their community." IF you have some people in your community whose only job is to create art, that's pretty specialized! Contrast that with a less specialized society where some people create art but also hunt, gather, tend the fire, cook, raise children, etc.

And job specializations, or careers, are social constructs, as opposed to something that occurs naturally.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.