LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lathlee
|
Hi. I am totally lost in this Question, I cannot find the relevant information to answer including the back page explanation where it says 36-38 has the info to select the answer. I don't see it.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Line 15 should help - that's where we learn that maize and a few other crops are much more bountiful than others. Later, we learn that rubisco, an enzyme, is important, but it oxygen does something to interfere with it. It's the plants that have that separation thanks to a central area where the rubisco is sheltered that do so well, and maize is apparently among those.

The info really comes from many places throughout the passage, but when you put it all together you learn that maize is special, unlike most other plants, because of the way it safeguards rubisco. That's answer A!
 lathlee
|
Thank you so much for answering so late so i might get an important revelation for an important test
 chian9010
|
Can anyone please explain why answer choice C is wrong?
The paragraph (line 27) mentions that rubisco assists in the sugar forming chemical reaction.
Therefore, I am not sure why it is wrong.
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Chian,

The reason that (C) is wrong is that the passage states that rubisco is sequestered in the bundle sheath cells where carbon dioxide gas cannot enter. Therefore, the passage illustrates that rubisco is not necessary to convert carbon dioxide into a nongas molecule, since the plants being discussed do not use it that way.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.