LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lilmissunshine
|
Hello,

I was debating between (C) and (D). Is (C) incorrect because nowhere in the passage does the author talk about license? Where can I find supporting information for (D)?

Thanks a lot!
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lilmissunshine,
The correct answer to this question is C which is supported by statements like "Surviving sources of information about women doctors in ancient Greece and Rome are fragmentary: some passing mentions by classical authors, scattered references in medical works, and about 40 (5) inscriptions on tombs and monuments. Yet even from these fragments we can piece together a picture." So we only have fragments, not an official record.

Answer D is ruled out by the line that states: "Moreover, despite evidence that some of these women doctors treated mainly female patients, their practice was clearly not limited to midwifery."
Hope that helps!!
-Malila
 lilmissunshine
|
Hi Malia,

Thanks a lot! I actually got he questions right and misread the answer key..
 jmulder615
|
I'm not exactly sure the justification above for this question is correct. The actual justification, as I gather it, comes at the end of paragraph one which mentions that the first licensed general medicine practitioner was someone named Francesca De Romana in 1323. This is well before the time frame of female doctors in discussion. I don't think the fragmentary evidence supports the idea that none of them were licensed.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
That's also great support for the answer choice, jmulder. I do think that you can get the choice with the fragmentary evidence given that the passage lists the types of documents that were part of that history. However, the idea that the first licensed female general practitioner didn't live until the 1300s is excellent support for the answer choice as well.

Great work!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.