LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ajsadeghi
|
Hello there!

For this question, I was struggling between answers (B) and (E) because I saw how they could both be correct. Yet I ended up going with (E) because it just seemed like it gives a direct and clear answer in the very beginning of the passage: "One of the most prominent...it is frequently written in a combination of English and Spanish." I can see why answer (B) is correct but I just wanted to understand why exactly it was (B) and NOT (E). Is it because (B) gave a more detailed answer than (E)? And that (E) is not answered as well as it could be compared to the answer for (B)?

Any help with this would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Amir
 Zach Foreman
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey, Amir,
So, did you try answering the question and see which one was easier to answer? If we try to answer E, we have to answer " I don't know". Just because we know M-A lit is written in English and Spanish, we don't know if it is 1% English and 99% Spanish or vice versa or anything in between! If it asked "Are they written in Spanish and English", we could easily answer yes, but they put the "more" in there which makes it impossible to answer.
Turning to B, can we answer it? Sure. Agrarian themes or topics are common because many of the writers are "only a generation away from the mostly agrarian culture of their ancestors (15).
 ajsadeghi
|
Hi Zach!

Oh alright yes I see that now. We do not know anything about the relationship between M-A lit Spanish and English writing or which one is used more, and the question is asking for the more. All we know is that both are used, so we actually cannot answer it. Yet we have a detailed and exact answer to (B).

Thanks for the help! It's all clear for me now :)

Amir

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.