LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=14958)

The correct answer choice is (E)

Remember, Could Be True EXCEPT is the same as Cannot Be True. The condition in the question stem produces the following diagram:
PT71_D13 LG Explanations_Game #1_#3 diagram 1.png
The diagram shows that H must be released sixth, and also that either J or G is released fifth:
PT71_D13 LG Explanations_Game #1_#3 diagram 2.png
Answer choice (A): This answer choice is incorrect, because G could be released fourth, provided J is fifth.

Answer choice (B): This answer choice is incorrect, because J could be released third, provided L is fourth and G—fifth.

Answer choice (C): This answer choice is incorrect, because if F is released first, K could be released second.

Answer choice (D): This answer choice is incorrect, because L could be released third.

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice. Since L must be released earlier than G, which must be released earlier than H, it is clear that L must be released earlier than at least two other films. Therefore, L cannot be the fifth film released, out of six total.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 mayank_vaishya
|
Hi, I have one question ie what should be the right approach to make a new local diagram such as one made here incorporating the local rule that L is before K in the master diagram. I am generally under confident about incorporating a new relationship in a pure sequencing game and tend to loose out on time making it and definitely checking it
 mayank_vaishya
|
I meant G before H instead of L before K
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Mayank,

For a local diagram, I always quickly draw a new one on the side. It is worthwhile to draw it out quickly--don't worry if it's messy! As long as it's legible for you to have a visual aid to tackle the question.

Best,
Eveline
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.