LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

jk11
|
Hello! I don't understand why B is the correct answer on #11 here. I originally chose C because I was thinking that students read scholarly monographs because their professors were forced to in graduate school, just like lawyers write a certain way because older lawyers and law professors were forced to write a certain way.

Can you help me see what role "scholarly monographs that sap the vitality of history" is playing in passage A?
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi jk11,
"Scholarly monographs that sap the vitality of history" and Answer B: "Conformity is a virtue, creativity suspect, humor forbidden, and voice mute" (lines 37-38), both refer to the focus and therefore value that is placed on emotionless, logical/formulaic curricula in the education of historians and lawyers.

Answer C is the result of being taught this emotionless, logical/formulaic curriculum, so it goes a step further than the line mentioned in the question, and would likely match up with the next part of that sentence that states "they visit on students what was visited on them in graduate school".
Hope that helps,
-Malila

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.