LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

angie23
|
For B), which is the correct answer, the part where it says "barite can be consumed safely by humans" is nowhere in any of the passages. Why is the answer correct? I can't see how I can make such broad inferences about human consuming barite when the only information about barite safety has to do with marine organisms.
 BethRibet
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Angie,

The information you're in need of shows up in the first passage, around line 16. If Barite is something humans can eat (i.e. "the Barium Meal"), then we can infer that it can be safe for humans to "consume".

Hope this helps!

Beth
 angie23
|
yea it helped! Thank you :) I can't believed I totally missed that part of the passage...very embarrassing!
 nikki.brar
|
Hi,

So the questions asks what can be inferred from the passages taken together, but not from either one of them individually.
I see the part about "barium meal" in passage one, inferring that its safe for humans to consume.
But I don't see anything about human consumption of barite in passage 2.
Help.
Am I misunderstanding the question?

Nikki
 Eric Ockert
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Nikki

You are correct, the part about human consumption is only in Passage A. However, the other part of answer (B) concerning marine organisms is found only in Passage B. So the whole answer, taken together, is dependent BOTH on Passage A and Passage B. You cannot make the entire inference solely based on either passage.

Hope that helps! :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.