LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

cocross
|
Hi, I am new and I am having trouble finding explanations for each question. Please advise.

For example, question 6 is not listed.

Also, how should we be studying if our test is less than 1 month away. My class doesn't start for a couple of weeks and I am worried that I am missing too many questions.
 Kristina Moen
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Cocross,

Welcome! We usually answer student questions as they come in, as that is how threads for the specific LSAT questions are formed. I will create a thread for question 6. Please post your question there! And if you have other questions that don't have threads, you can create a thread in the appropriate section.

Do you have access to the Online Student Center yet? If so, there are some good On Demand video lessons under Supplemental Lessons and Explanations. You can also begin to read through the book, but know that the concepts will be explained in the class.

It sounds like you are taking practice tests or practice sections. At this point, taking a timed test may cause you more problems - you may be making the same mistakes and thus sealing in those patterns for test day. I encourage you to do untimed questions and then review them, asking yourself why the correct answer is right and why the incorrect answers are wrong. You can learn patterns by reviewing the questions this way. The test is highly repetitive, so they test the same skills over and over. And if you get stumped by a question or can't explain why the right answer is correct and the wrong answers are incorrect - then come to the forum and see if someone else has asked the same question! And if they haven't, start your own thread. Good luck!
 cocross
|
Kristina - Thank you for your suggestions, I will follow your recommendation to review the videos and study untimed.

I am having difficulty with the reading comprehension section because the answers are detailed and I am flipping back and fourth. How do you distinguish the important ideas and mark their significance in the passages?
 Kristina Moen
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Cocross,

That topic will be covered (if you haven't seen it already!) in the PowerScore course. There is a section on Passage Diagramming. It sounds like you are referring back to the passage when answering the questions, which is just what we like to see! As you do that, you are hopefully beginning to see what's important for the questions. The Passage Diagramming suggestions will offer some tools to distinguish between different words and concepts. For example, I write "Ex" next to the passage whenever I see an example (so I know it's just an example to support or undermine some idea, not the main point of the passage, and thus I can refer back if asked about that specific example) and "Vauth" whenever I see the author's viewpoint. I also tend to use brackets and numbers. Try all the suggestions and see what works best for you. The basic idea is that you are able to glance at the passage and locate the section that is asked about quickly, so you can verify that it matches the answer choice.

Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.