LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lathlee
|
This is my Viewstamp. What do you think?
Last edited by lathlee on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
We always find that we are better able to help our students when they first share their thoughts with us, rather than just telling them ours. That way we can see what you are thinking and address any areas where we see possible problems, not just provide you with our thoughts in a vacuum. So please, share with us your VIEWSTAMP breakdown of the passage, and we'll take a look and give you some feedback!
 lathlee
|
Here's my viewstamp analysis. let me know the area i should improve

Viewpoints:
Some Critics: 1-9
Author: 9-12, 24-26, 29-35, 37-42, 43-55.
Kingston: 27-29, 29-37,37-42.

Tone: author admires to Chinese culture, talk-story art, and Kingston’s work.

Arguments:

Critics:

kingston works lack a large traceable body of direct literary antecedents of Chinese culture.

Author:

critics overlooked long tradition of Chinese talk-story elements dissolved in Kingston’s work.

Chinese immigrant already had a sophisticated oral culture (L 20-24)

Chinese immigrants including Kingston embrace new forms of western disclosure (24-26)

Kingston and Author’s argument. , What writer is to Kingston = singer = performer (37 - 42)

Kingston is investing idiomatic English with allusive texture and oral-aural qualities make her well-known work as a written form of talk story which also utilizes and contains most of oral tradition and culture of Chinese talk-story art in her work, ChinaMan. (43-55)

Kingston:

she considers herself as recalcitrant history talk story fighter (27-29)

characteristic of her thematic storytelling process; sift, reconstruct personally remembered stories are an art form of how talk-story form is written format translated art. 29-37

Kingston and Author’s argument. , What writer is to Kingston = singer = performer (37 - 42)

Structure,

Para 1: critics argument how Kingston lacks tradition but author point how critics overlooked certain elements of traditional China “Talk - story” art

Para 2: talk-story background explained and introduced. the history of Chinese immigrants has to adjust US custom. How Chinese traditional art form began to embrace western culture style.

Para 3: Kingston's view of herself as a recalcitrant. How Chinese talk-story
The characteristic format is revived in Kingston’s storytelling process in written form. According to her, the definition of a writer is. 29-35

Para 4, Kingston well-known work, china-man, her participating in the tradition of talk-story are represented and displayed in that work. Also how chinaman succeeded in fusing china talk-story art and idiomatic English as a written form of talk story art.
 Shannon Parker
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Lathlee,

Pretty good viewstamp. Make sure to address the Main Point because there is almost always a question on it.

Shannon
 lathlee
|
Actually, Shannon, I forgot to add in the prior post, I could not pinpoint the exact line references this was one of the MAIN reason i posted this viewstamp and ask more about it..... to state that this is the main POINT. I can prephrase MP:" Kingston did good job of portraying traditional China talk story art form in her work, most notably, Chinaman."

If you know the location of MP lines, plz share with me . THX.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.