LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=8566)

The correct answer choice is (E)

This question represents a direct test of our main inference: M must transfer her workpiece to J. This prephrase agrees with answer choice (E), which is the correct answer. Do not be misled by the qualifier “any workday that is not a Monday.” Since Monday is the first day of the workweek, and any transfer must occur at the beginning of each workday after Monday, no transfers can occur on Monday.
 LustingFor!L
|
Can you explain the wording in the question stem? I selected E because it was the only one that wasn't a duel option. However, I still don't understand exactly what it was asking, what does the "not Monday" mean?

Thank you!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
LustingFor!L wrote:Can you explain the wording in the question stem? I selected E because it was the only one that wasn't a duel option. However, I still don't understand exactly what it was asking, what does the "not Monday" mean?

Thank you!

Hello,

If there are four workdays, and one is not Monday, presumably the others would be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

David
 majilat
|
Hello!

I understand why the M-J transfer has to occur once during the work week, but I do not understand why it must "at the beginning of any workday" except for Monday? Can anyone help?
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi majilat,

That transfer has to occur at the beginning of every non-Monday workday, because each employee works on one of the four workpieces on any given day. That means on Monday, J is working on something, K is working on something else, L is working on a third workpiece, and M is working on the fourth and final workpiece. On Tuesday they trade off. Since J has to work on something on Tuesday, and M is the only employee that can trade its workpiece to J, J has to receive the transferred workpiece from M. That happens every single day of the week after Monday, because "[a]t the beginning of each workday after Monday, each workpiece is transferred." So every single day of the week after Monday, M will transfer its workpiece to J.

I hope this helps!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.