LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

justlikemagic
|
This is discussing this passage/summary of the passage.

I'd quote the sentence but I am not sure if that is allowed. For my question, I'm just referring to the first sentence in paragraph 3. Could someone explain what "without recourse" means in that sentence? Thanks in advance
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey justlikemagic,

This is a great question! This is a really strange use of the phrase without recourse. But in this case without recourse just means without responsibility to or without subscribing to. So basically proponents of the tangible object theory justifies intellectual property rights without subcribing to the idea that one can own abstract, intangible things such as ideas.

I used the remainder of the paragraph to help me define that word. The example of the broadcast was helpful but the example of the poet was even more helpful. You do not need a great vocabulary in reading comp if you are able to use context clues. Use examples to your benefit.

If I do not understand a sentence, I will move on to the next sentences and see if it helps me define the previous sentence I could not understand.

I hope this all helps, and I wish you the best of luck in your studies.

Best,
Ryan

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.