LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

gmsanch3
|
Hello, yes I did read it the way you described which is what confused me and caused me to spend so much time re-reading during the test. When I got to the last paragraph and read that sentence, the part about “holds for all clients” confused me. I guess my question was, what does the author mean when she says it holds for all clients? I confirmed once I started doing the questions that she had not changed her VP, but I didn’t understand that during the initial reading of the passage and lost time just trying to understand it.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
"Holds for all clients" means it is true for everyone. In context, the author means that all the things that make contingency fees a good thing for people who cannot otherwise afford representation also make them good for people who can otherwise afford it. Contingency fees are good for everyone, says the author, so everyone should be allowed to choose them if they wish (contrary to the proposal of the LRCWA).
 gmsanch3
|
Ahhhh... ok that was what i didnt get.. the part about “all clients” should be allowed to use them not just people who cant afford them. This is what makes them unfair to other clients which is another reason the author doesn’t like them. Thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.