LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Moshe,

If you wouldn't mind posting that as a separate question, that would be helpful--In general, we prefer that each question get its own post, for the sake of others using the forum. Thanks!

~Steve
 moshei24
|
Posted.
 mpoulson
|
Hello,

I read the discussion above and see the support for B. However, I read E to be that the scientist began to think the results of the experiment were inevitable as in certain to happen That the same Can you explain why this is wrong?

V/r,

Micah
 Clay Cooper
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Micah,

Thanks for your question.

I think you understood answer choice E well enough; it exemplifies an observer concluding from his or her observations that a certain phenomenon only ever occurs in one way. But I don't think there is any support for the idea of inevitability in the passage.

The support for answer choice B is, I think, especially clear in lines 30-34; but nowhere does the author suggest that these nationalist historians viewed the development of nations as only ever occurring according to a single script.

So, overall, B is supported clearly and I can't find support for E. I hope that helps!
 christinecwt
|
Hi Team - can anyone also explain why Answer Choice A is wrong? and How Answer Choice B related to the "glorification of the nation" mentioned in Paragraph 3? Many thanks!
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Christine,

For this question, we are asked to talk not about the historiography of African American historians, but the historiography of mainstream US historiography in that time period. Looking at paragraph 3, we can see mainstream US historiography was focused on the glorification of the nation-state and the inevitability of the success of the nation. We are looking for an answer choice that highlights the inevitability of success based on the innate characteristics of whoever/whatever is succeeding.

Answer choice (A) says that because something was successful in the past, it is worth trying again. That's different than the stimulus saying that the country succeeds because it was inevitable that it would succeed.

For answer choice (B), it's describing something that succeeds because it's inevitable that it succeeds. The novelist was successful because of their innate brilliance. That's parallel to the belief that the US succeeded because of inevitability.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.