LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Sdaoud17
|
i am having a little doubt about b is the Answer ? Because in the Passage A shows that there is no scientific Evidence about the commutations between Human Langauge and Animals Where Passage B .. in the end he calls out the assumption that only human speak with conscious understanding and intent rather than Animals ! which after all E: where in both passages talks about the options of if there is a scientific difference between the communications of animal and human language ?
Can you Please Explain?

Thank you
Last edited by Sdaoud17 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sdaoud17,

Interesting question. On that one, it's important to note that the correct answer choice takes the form of a question. Both author's are focused on the question of whether or not communications of animals are characterized by intent.

You are correct that the two author's appear to arrive at different answers, but they are both focused on the same question.

I hope that's helpful! Please let me know whether that clears this one up--thanks!

~Steve
 Sdaoud17
|
Then does E still apply to both and why ?
Thank you
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
No, the two authors are focused on whether or not animal communications are consciously intended; they are not centrally focused on the presence or absence of scientific consensus.

I hope that's helpful--please let me know whether that's clear.

~Steve
 Sdaoud17
|
would you mind explaining the best / fastest approach of how to attack this kinda question ? and how do you eliminate answers that dont apply especially when you have two answers ?
Thank you
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Let's start with the first question above before moving on to your next one--is the answer to that one clear?

I'd also like to hear about your approach to the test--how have you been preparing for the test, and for Reading Comprehension in particular? Any books, classes, mostly Preptests?

Let me know how you've been preparing, and when you plan to take the test--thanks!

~Steve
 Sdaoud17
|
Well, My RC is my weakness section in the lsat. when I attack questions in the dual passages. I look for the answer that in both passages. I guess my biggest problem after timing with the RC is I analyze the answer choices a lot when I attack a question .

I am taking a powerscore prep Course that started yesterday Tuesday with Nikki for the june test.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sdaoud17 wrote:would you mind explaining the best / fastest approach of how to attack this kinda question ? and how do you eliminate answers that dont apply especially when you have two answers ?
Thank you

Thanks for your response.

Let me start by saying that it's great you're taking a full length course--I am confident that you will find Nikki's instruction very helpful.

How do you eliminate wrong answer choices? In Must be True questions for Reading Comp, those will be the ones that are not supported by the information in the passage.

It's important to recognize that LSAT preparation is a process, and learning to respond to the test generally takes time, effort, and practice. Through this process you will start to recognize some recurring themes in both questions and answer choices. As you work through more of these, particularly in class, you will find them becoming more familiar, and one huge selling point of such practice, you will find, is greater confidence in quickly eliminating wrong answer choices.

It's very common for students to over-analyze--particularly early on--and at this point that's ok! I would advise that for now, you focus more on your proper form than on pacing--that part will come naturally as you develop your understanding of the Reading Comprehension section and of the LSAT in general.

I hope that's helpful!

~Steve
 Sdaoud17
|
Will do, Thank you steve !
 ct325
|
Is answer choice (A) wrong specifically because of the word "prevaricating," or is there more to it than that?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.