LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Mi Kal
|
Thanks Nicholas.

I'll definitely give it a try. :-D

Michael
 sadjasmine
|
I am confused on why E is correct… I came down to D and E and ultimately went with D because I thought that E was talking too generally about theories when the stimulus is only talking about one theory… is this a wrong way to think?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi sadjasmine,

Good question! Frequently with must be true questions we are looking away from very broad answers because they are hard to show they have to be true. However, here we have all pretty broad statements. We are looking for the one that best fits the information we learn in the passage. Answer choice (D) talks about statistics and probability. We have no idea about statistics and probability based on the passage. We also don't know about mass behavior.

Let's look at answer choice (E) a bit closer. We can see how each part of the stimulus is reflected in the answer choice.

"When events a theory postulates are detected" --the "events" is continental drift

"the theory is accepted even without an explanation of those events are brought about"--we accept the theory of continental drift even though we still don't have an understanding of how it works.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.