LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

tpagessa
|
Hi, I selected answer choice B instead of E because I thought that most includes everything from (50% to 100%) so it could include all of them. Because of that, I thought that this was the best answer.

Could you help clarify why that's not true. Just want to make sure I don't make this mistake again.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Let's imagine that Bill did indeed interpret Ann's statement that way, tpagessa. If Bill thought that Ann meant that most of the students at Tri-Cities went to Camp W, why would he say "that's not true" in response? Wouldn't it be just fine for most of the students at Tri-Cities to go to Camp W while some to go to Camp L? If that was Bill's interpretation, his response makes no sense. It only makes sense (and that is what we need to do here - do the best we can to explain Bill's answer) if Bill thought that Ann meant that no student at Tri Cities goes to any other camp but Camp W. Then, his claim that some of them go to Camp L would mean that her claim was not true. He would sound reasonable, rather than a bit dumb.

You're right that "most" includes "all," but it also includes less than all, and that's why such an interpretation would not make sense out of Bill's answer. He has to assume Ann meant the extreme of "all" rather than a range that includes all but also includes less than all.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.