LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Questions relating to PowerScore's LSAT Logic Games Bible
 Guadalupe
|
Up until the last week of December I have been studying PS LB (flash cards, text, workbook) religiously for about one month.

I shouldn't have stopped over the holidays but I did and now I am really nervous. Can you recommend how a student of your program can review, to get back into the groove? I have studied up till Chapter 9. The games portion will probably be my weakest area. TX
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Guadalupe,

Thanks for the message! First off, it's ok that you took a break from studying. It's always good to recharge, and in many cases taking a break actually makes you better at the LSAT. Here's more on how that works: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/243 ... Your-Score. The bottom line is that it was ok to take that time off, so you don't have to worry about it :-D

Second, this is roughly how I'd go about reviewing the LGB:

• Start by reviewing Chapter 2 somewhat thoroughly. Skip the problem sets and drills in each chapter, and skim/read the chapter text. If something seems unfamiliar, stop and read that until it is clear.

Skim Chapter 3, which addresses Advanced Linear Games. Skip the drills and problem set.

Read the text in Chapter 4—this chapter addresses Grouping games, which many student find to be the most difficult type of game. Skip the drills and problem set.

Skim Chapter 6. This is the chapter on Sequencing, and recent LSATs have heavily featured this skill. Skip the drills and problem set.

Read Chapter 8 pretty closely, which covers Advanced Features and Techniques. The two main concepts in this chapter are critical to high-level LSAT performance. If you do not have time to read the whole chapter, at least skim through the ideas to get a sense of the ideas being discussed.

Skim chapter 9 and make sure you are on top of the timing aspects.
That should allow you to cover all the major ideas, and if you run into something that troubles you, slow down and work around that section in more depth. And as always, feel free to ask us question here.

Thanks and good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.