LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Questions relating to PowerScore's LSAT Logic Games Bible
 jnapoli85
|
Hey guys I am new to this site, I am using the PowerScore logic games bible to prepare for my LSAT but I am realizing that there are many concepts in chapter 2 alone. How much time should I spend on these concepts before moving forward?
 Ron Gore
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Jnapoli!

The fantastic news is that you have more than three months until the September 27th LSAT administration. So, you have plenty of time to make the most of all that the Games Bible has to offer.

From your question, I get the sense that you are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information the Games Bible contains. The best way to deal with that feeling is to recognize that perfection is not your goal. I recommend reading each of the sections with the goal of understanding the material, but not expecting that you'll understand everything on the first pass.

It's important not to get bogged down by trying to master each part of the material before you move onto the next. While the earlier chapters of the Games Bible cover general and foundational material, there is nothing wrong with moving to the next section before you've completely mastered the first. By giving yourself permission to move through the book as decent clip, you open yourself to being able to actually enjoy the process of learning about the LSAT. :-D

This doesn't mean that you skim the section. You need to actually read each page and think about what the text is saying. However, so long as you're committed to reviewing the section at a later date, at which time you'll focus on your remaining areas of uncertainty, it's fine to move through the book at a decent clip. A benefit of approaching the material in this way is that you'll be able to gain some momentum and see early on in your study how all of the concepts you're learning will work together.

While learning about the LSAT may seem daunting, it doesn't have to be laborious. Free yourself from the notion that you've got to have everything down perfectly before you move on to the next topic, and you'll find that you may actually move faster through the material with greater comprehension.

Please let me know if I can help your further.

Ron

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.