LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

menkenj
|
Dave Killoran wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:23 pm
menkenj wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:05 pm Hi, I fell for B but now see why it's wrong.

Is there an example of a past LSAT question where something like B would have been the right answer? I'm looking to understand this flaw type better, even though in this question it was the wrong answer.

thanks!
Not to this exact phrasing that I can recall. To set up such a scenario would require a lot of barriers, and be specific about evidence being destroyed or permanently unavailable, etc. I think that would be very hard for them to do that with the word limits imposed in LR!
Hmmmm thanks!! Seems to imply that this would almost never be the right answer on a flaw question.
 lsatstudying11
|
Hello!

I have a question about another potential flaw. Is it also flawed to equate loyalty to love/respect? I feel like there is a shift in language here because loyalty might be something that arises out of fear, and therefore does not necessarily indicate love/respect? I can see how the biggest issue here is the one related to shifting from palace guards to the general public, but is the shift from loyalty to love/respect another potential issue here? Thanks :-)
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It is indeed a flaw, lsatstudying11! Many flawed arguments on the LSAT have multiple flaws, which can make prephrasing a little challenging. While we usually start by looking for the more obvious and common type of flaw, we have to be prepared for the answer to sidestep the expected and go for something else. Keep on being open to those alternatives and you'll do fine! Don't focus so tightly on one flaw that you miss an answer that describes another one that also occurred.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.