LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

whardy21
|
I picked B. Can you please explain to me why E is the correct answer choice?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
whardy21 wrote:I picked B. Can you please explain to me why E is the correct answer choice?
Hi W,

I've added a full explanation for this problem on the top of the prior page (as first post in this thread) that hopefully addresses your question.

Thanks!
 oadeboy1
|
The LSAT wants me to deduce that someone is lying but then tells me that both statements are true.

1. True - all of John's friends know someone who smokes and is also fit.

2. True- John is certain that he doesn't know anyone and he is similar enough to his friends to know of this person.

It appears that the facts contradict themselves. How do I address this? This isn't an argument.
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi OADE Boy,

This is a tricky question because it's testing careful reading and precision with language; all John's friends may say that they know someone who smokes as described, but that doesn't make it true. What the stimulus does state is true is that John and at least one of his friends do not actually know someone who smokes like that, so the inference to be made is that at least one of John's friends is lying.

Hope this clears things up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.