LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Joshuadel,

This is a type of argument where the author incorrectly narrows the scope of the argument or incorrectly elminates all other possibilities. The author is assuming that there is no other way to do peer review other than through a medical journal in the conclusion.

A addresses that assumption with the answer choice by using an unless statement. Which is basically saying that the only way to do peer review is through the process including a medical journal. This is a very difficult stimulus to understand and closing arguments off by elminating other possibilities are very effective means for the LSAT to trick the reader. You will notice these in real life as well. Speakers will trick listeners into assuming there is only 1 course of action or 1 possibility. My parents used to do this with road trips. They would convince us that the car was the only way to get there, and little did we know there were other forms of travel that were easier (planes).

I hope all this helps and I wish you good luck in your studies.

Best,
Ryan

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.