LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

SammyWu11201
|
Actually, wait a minute, how is E right? The stimulus never said which happens first: showing signs of the infection or the production of antibodies. The first sentence just said that those infected by Virus X will after some time produce antibodies to fight off the virus. Unless you know how antibodies work, then where does it say whether exhibiting signs of infection or producing antibodies happens first?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sammy

We don't need to know anything about showing signs of infection, we need to know about the timing of the infection itself. According to the stimulus, the body doesn't produce antibodies until a week after infection. That means that the antibody test will not show the infection during that week. Answer choice (E) is fully supported---there is a time (that week) that someone infected will fail to show that infection via antibody test.

It sounds a bit like you are trying to use outside information about how infections and antibodies work to answer this question. You cannot use outside information on the test---just the information they give you.

Hope that helps!
 ericsilvagomez
|
Hi,

Can you discuss why B is incorrect? After reviewing it, I think it is wrong because we got the information in the first sentence about virus X before talking about the test. If B is correct, the stimulus would have started by discussing it. I understand the reasoning behind E being correct. I initially thought the person would fail the best for a month instead of one week.
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ericsilvagomez,

The order of the presentation of information in the stimulus really could not affect the truth of the inferences made. There is simply no basis for answer choice (B). The test works. That doesn't prove that only the test works.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.