LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Resolve the Paradox. The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 theTRSlegend
|
My thoughts are that since the water supplied from 20 municipalities did not contain chlorine, yet still met government regulations and had less bacteria than the 30 municipalities that did have chlorine, they (20 muns) would have had to take more care in ensuring their water would meet the regulations. Answer E shows this, since it is saying that due to the 20 municipalities NOT using chlorine, they had to adhere to stricter guidelines to ensure they could meet government regulations, and thus this led to lower bacterial contamination compared to the 30 municipalities which did use chlorine.

Wanted to confirm whether my thought process showcases why answer E is correct for this resolve the paradox question, thank you.
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey TheTRSlegend,

I do agree with your line of thinking exactly! My prephrase was something like "the 20 municipalities that did not use chlorine probably had cleaner water to begin with, thus not needing the chlorine."

Answer choice E matched that pre phase with the logic that you spelled out so nicely.

Great thinking and continue posting and studying and I wish you all of the luck.

Best,
Ryan

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.