LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Strengthen. The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Tajadas
|
I got this one right because I guessed that the right answer would give credit to the activist group. But since the antinuclear activist never really explains why this was a victory (rather than happy circumstance), how should I have known what the conditions to calling it a victory are?

I was thrown off because I thought of politicians saying "The defeat of XXX is a victory for democracy". In reality, democracy could have easily swung in XXX's favor, so I did not think the correct answer really had to tie victory back to a specific cause. I equated calling something a victory with happy circumstance, if that makes sense.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The activist doesn't need to explain WHY it's a victory, Tajadas. It's up to us to select an answer that strengthens the claim that is IS a victory for the antinuclear cause. Your prephrase was right - anything that gives them credit will do the job! We also don't need to know what they would consider a victory, because all we have to do is help support that claim. ANY evidence that suggests that it was, in fact, a victory for their cause, that they achieved some intended goal, will do, and answer B suggests that they did achieve a goal in getting the plant closed.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.