LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Method of Reasoning. The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Albertlyu
|
Administrator wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:34 pm Complete Question Explanation

Method of Reasoning. The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
Please can anyone tell me why D is wrong, is it because the author did not draw the distinction or the stimulus does not contain "economic activity", I think refunding money to taxpayers and laying off government employees can be classified as economic activities.

thank you.

Albert
 sdb606
|
Albertlyu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 am
Please can anyone tell me why D is wrong, is it because the author did not draw the distinction or the stimulus does not contain "economic activity", I think refunding money to taxpayers and laying off government employees can be classified as economic activities.

thank you.

Albert
I'm going to try my hand at an amateur explanation since I see this post has gone unanswered for a while.

I can't find anywhere in the stimulus where the author both categorizes anything as an "economic activity" and then explains how those activities are different. By saying,
Albertlyu wrote:I think refunding money to taxpayers and laying off government employees can be classified as economic activities.
you are making that categorization and distinction yourself but the author is not.

The author appears to use refunding and dismissing workers interchangeable as having equivalent financial value so no distinction is made.
 Albertlyu
|
sdb606 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:31 pm
Albertlyu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 am

thank you.

Albert
I'm going to try my hand at an amateur explanation since I see this post has gone unanswered for a while.

I can't find anywhere in the stimulus where the author both categorizes anything as an "economic activity" and then explains how those activities are different. By saying,
Albertlyu wrote:I think refunding money to taxpayers and laying off government employees can be classified as economic activities.
you are making that categorization and distinction yourself but the author is not.

The author appears to use refunding and dismissing workers interchangeable as having equivalent financial value so no distinction is made.
thank you for your help! The reason I did not pick E is that it does not say explicitly where the original 600 million tax money went, therefore we do not know if there is "net increase", now i know that it was refunded to taxpayers. thanks again for your explanation.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.