LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

srcline@noctrl.edu
|
Hello,

Okay so this is a MBT question b/c it says Which one of the following conclusions can be properly drawn from the statements above. So we are taking that stimulus as true correct?

So I was in b/c answer choice B and C. Can someone please explain why C is the correct choice. I'm having a hard time seeing the inference here.

I chose B, b/c in the stimulus it states that deer ticks will drop off from their hosts b/w noon and sunset regardless of time of attachment.

B says deer tickets sometimes drop off their hosts w/o having fed at all.

Thankyou
Sarah
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sarah,

This is indeed a MBT question, where we take the stimulus as true. This should be apparent by now. :-D

The answer your chose is actually false. The second sentence clearly states that ticks drop off their hosts having fed to capacity, and not before then.

(C) is a clear inference from the last two sentences: the ticks drop off between noon and sunset (daytime), when the mice are in their nests. So, the ticks must be dropping off their hosts in their hosts' nests.

Thanks.
 srcline@noctrl.edu
|
Hello, Nikki

Okay Im getting better at understanding MBT questions. B would fail the fact test .

Thankyou
Sarah

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.