LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Christmaspuppy
|
Hi!

I chose E because I used the negate method to solve it. When I negated answer E, I found the last sentence of the premise was wrong. I can understand why A is the correct answer, but I still don't know why E is wrong. Could anyone help me?

Thanks!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Christmaspuppy,

The negation of answer choice (E) would be "Robbins might understand art well but still not praise it." I think the last part of the stimulus could be expressed like "You need to understand something well in order to praise it." I see no conflict here - needing to understand something in order to praise it doesn't mean you must praise everything you understand. Compare:

"You need to take Evidence in order to pass the bar exam."

vs

"Someone might take Evidence but still not pass the bar exam."

There's no conflict here. Taking Evidence is a requirement to pass, but it's not sufficient to pass.

Robert Carroll
 Christmaspuppy
|
Robert Carroll wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:51 pm Christmaspuppy,

The negation of answer choice (E) would be "Robbins might understand art well but still not praise it." I think the last part of the stimulus could be expressed like "You need to understand something well in order to praise it." I see no conflict here - needing to understand something in order to praise it doesn't mean you must praise everything you understand. Compare:

"You need to take Evidence in order to pass the bar exam."

vs

"Someone might take Evidence but still not pass the bar exam."

There's no conflict here. Taking Evidence is a requirement to pass, but it's not sufficient to pass.

Robert Carroll
Thank you Robert! I can see my mistake now. :lol:

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.