LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Strengthen. The correct answer choice is (A).

Answer choice (A): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Annierys96
|
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate a more detailed explanation of this question since I choose wrongly D. I was between A and D and I don't see why D doesn't support the stimulus.
Thank you in advance.
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Annierys96!

The market researchers claim "that observational research yields information about consumer behavior that surveys alone cannot provide."

Answer choice (A) reinforces this. According to (A), there are certain preferences that people might not be able to put into words--meaning they wouldn't be captured by surveys. In addition, some of these preferences can be captured by observational research, such as looking at people's preferences revealed by which items they pick up and put down when they are shopping.

Answer choice (D) doesn't do anything to the conclusion that observational research yields information that surveys alone cannot provide. It indicates that market researchers enjoy observational research more, but this is beside the point of whether observational research yields new information beyond what can be captured by surveys.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.