LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

gatorgrl1225
|
Hi, I'm at a loss on this one. I did keep the correct answer (A) in the running as a contender, but ultimately chose B. Would appreciate any insight. Thank you.
 Ben DiFabbio
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
gatorgrl1225 wrote:Hi, I'm at a loss on this one. I did keep the correct answer (A) in the running as a contender, but ultimately chose B. Would appreciate any insight. Thank you.
Hey Gator!

In the stimulus, Wu says Jurgens is dishonest and therefore he shouldn't be elected mayor. Miller responds by disagreeing with Wu's conclusion (Jurgens should be elected mayor) and then says something NEGATIVE about people who have the OPPOSITE trait from the one that Wu attributed to Jurgens in his premise (honest people are not tough).

So that's the flawed structure we're looking for in the answer choices.

In answer choice A), Wu makes a conclusion (we shouldn't go back to the restaurant) and provides a reason (food is served too slowly). Miller responds by disagreeing with Wu's conclusion (we should go back to the restaurant) and then says something NEGATIVE about food that has the OPPOSITE trait from the one that Wu attributed to the restaurant's food in his premise (food that is served to quickly is bad).
This matches up.

In answer choice B), Wu makes a conclusion (Bailey shouldn't be the spokesperson) and provides a reason (He's too aggressive). Then, Miller responds by disagreeing with Wu's conclusion (Yes he should) and then says something POSITIVE about the SAME trait that Wu attributed to Bailey in his premise (Aggressive people don't get pushed around).
This does not match up.

I hope that helps!

Happy studying,

Ben DiFabbio
PowerScore LSAT Instructor

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.