LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ChicaRosa
|
I had a really hard time understanding the stimulus in this question and ended up choosing D instead of B and I'm curious to know why D is wrong?

Is D restating a point that is already mentioned in the argument?

Is the argument's conclusion saying that the interpreters of the constitution shouldn't view it by its authors or else it would cause political instability?

Is this question a strengthening question or a most strongly supported question?

Thanks!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ChicaRosa wrote:I had a really hard time understanding the stimulus in this question and ended up choosing D instead of B and I'm curious to know why D is wrong?

Is D restating a point that is already mentioned in the argument?

Is the argument's conclusion saying that the interpreters of the constitution shouldn't view it by its authors or else it would cause political instability?

Is this question a strengthening question or a most strongly supported question?

Thanks!

Hello ChicaRosa,

The stimulus doesn't say anything about a "written" constitution, so answer D falls short. The conclusion seems to say that even if the interpreters of the constitution don't have the same ideas as the authors, people like to think that they do, and this "illusion" is necessary for political stability. And, the question is a Must Be True question.

Hope this helps,
David
 adlindsey
|
I had it between B & C. I chose C, because it said politically instability will ENSUE, whereas B has politically instability will INCREASE; and the illusion being necessary for political stability. Thus, without it, political instability will ensue.

Is C wrong, because the BELIEFS of the authors and that of present political leaders are irrelevant?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I think that's a good reason to reject answer C, adlindsey - the beliefs of current political leaders are not relevant here, only the illusion that laws are the bequest of a long tradition. Good analysis, keep that up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.