LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Jay
|
Hello.

Could someone explain why C is not the answer?

Looking at the responses above, I get that unless otherwise explained, we should not make assumptions about whether groups of people overlap or not.

I also made a same mistake and thought that the author is assuming that people with political power = people with technical ingenuity, and people with no political power = people with ethical inventiveness.

If this is the case though, (which is possible within the boundaries of stimulus), then C becomes an attractive answer.

Thank you!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Let's assume that answer C is true, Jay, as the stem tells us to do. That means that there is nobody with both sets of skills (technical ingenuity and ethical inventiveness). Does that give us any further evidence that those with technical ingenuity get benefits? Does it add anything to the claim that those with ethical inventiveness get only pain? Or does it just tell us that those two groups are distinct from each other?

As I see it, separating the groups still lends no support to the conclusion. We aren't any more convinced about the outcomes for either group, but only how those with political power view them. Since this answer adds nothing to support the conclusion about those outcomes, it does not strengthen the argument, and thus should be rejected.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.