LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

kevin.hussain24
|
Hello,

Why is E right? I'm a little confused
I choice B, but The conclusion is little confusing, maybe that's why i choice B. Conclusion: Ignorance of this kind cannot be used to evade blame for misleading readers. I see it as you can't blame the author but choice e says you should blame the author for omitting facts. can you please explain?

Thank you
Kevin H
 Claire Horan
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Kevin,

I encourage you to paraphrase arguments in your own words, especially when they are wordy or use vocabulary you are less familiar with. The word "evade" is a synonym for escape. The conclusion can be roughly paraphrased as "Biographers can't escape blame by claiming they are ignorant of well-known facts about the subject of their work." So, you CAN blame the author. Now can you see why E is the right answer?

And if, by chance, you encounter a vocabulary word that's unknown to you, look for context clues. In the second sentence, the biographer claims he CAN'T be blamed. The third sentence responds with "however," a strong indication that the author of the passage believes he CAN be blamed.

Thanks for the question!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.