LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Johnclem
|
hi,
This is crazy how is answer choice D correct ? I identified that as the conclusion . It comes right after " some people "
. How can it state the author doesn't want a ban as the concuclusion ? We don't see this in the text at all.

Please help . Thanks
John
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey John,

Thanks for the question! Yeah, this is an interesting stimulus, but if you look at the form, it fits the "some people say..." argument form where the author very often argues that what those people say is wrong, and that they are wrong is the conclusion. So, when I read this argument, I see the author talk about those people who are against cloning and think that the author's argument is going to be that they are wrong about cloning being bad because of the "vanity of the originals" idea. Then, that occurs but the author doesn't explicitly state that conclusion and instead offers support for it. From that angle, you can more clearly see how the assertion is a piece of supporting evidence for that view.

Does that help?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.