LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lsatdaily
|
Hi Powerscore,

I probably shouldn't have gotten this wrong, but can someone please explain what makes C incorrect? I definitely see what makes D correct, but I'm not sure how C is eliminated. When I read the stimulus, my thought process was:

Moralist - TV talk shows influence people's conception of "norm"
TV talk show host - within stimulus - "if there is such a decline, it's not because of TV talk shows" = It doesn't influence people's concention

Thank you in advance,
 Claire Horan
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LSATdaily,

Answer choice C restates the Moralist's opinion, and the TV talk show host does not express an opinion either way on whether TV talk shows influence people’s conception of what is the norm.

Even if you weren't sure whether the talk show host disagreed with the moralist with regard to (C), answer choice (D) should have matched your prephrase exactly. The moralist says "TV talk shows are contributing to the moral decline," and the talk show host counters, "if there is such a decline, it’s not because of TV talk shows." Comparing those two statements should lead you straight to (D).

This question acts as a strong reminder to prephrase!

Thanks for your question, and good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.