LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Pary,

For template 1, L could be FF, GG, FG, or GF. It just cannot include H since F is not in S.

Hope that helps!
 julia-laure
|
Hello,

I have a question about rule #3. Would the way this rule is worded allow for 1 photograph from H in L and 0 photographs from F in S? This would lead to a template such as: L: HG, M: GF, S: HH.

Similarly, would the rule allow for 0 photographs from H in L and 1 or 2 photographs from F in S? This would lead to a template such as: L: GG, M: GH, S: FF (or S: FH).

To me, the way the rule is worded only applies IF there are BOTH H photographs in L and F photographs in S. But if H or F is absent from L or S respectively, then the rule wouldn't apply.

Thank you,
Julia
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It's the latter interpretation, parytownson - group L could have two Fs, two Gs, or one of each. Note that FG and GF are the same thing in this game since there is no element of order, no "first photo/second photo" designation.
 TootyFrooty
|
Can someone please do a setup for this game. I struggled to understand the rules and their restrictions.

Also what type of game this is would be helpful too

And answer explanation to why it’s not E and is b for question 7

Thank you :)
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi TootyFrooty!

Can someone please do a setup for this game. I struggled to understand the rules and their restrictions.
For the basic setup for this game, see the administrator's post on the previous page.

Also what type of game this is would be helpful too
This is a Grouping: Defined-Fixed, Unbalanced: Underfunded, Numerical Distribution game. As the administrator explains: "Since we know the exact number of photographs in each section, the game is Defined. The scenario does not establish how many photographs belong to each photographer (this information is contained in the first rule of the game, as discussed below). Nevertheless, given that the available spaces (6) outnumber the available variables (3) with which to fill them, this is an example of an Unbalanced: Underfunded Grouping game."

And answer explanation to why it’s not E and is b for question 7
Finally, regarding question 7, note the number of photographs by Hue in answer choice (E). Hue occurs four times in this answer choice. This violates the first rule: "For each photographer, at least one but no more than three of that photographer’s photographs must appear." Since (E) violates the first rule, it cannot be a possible selection of photographs to appear.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.