LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 German.Steel
|
Hello! So I was reading the PS LG Bible and it recommends a horizontal setup for groups in grouping games (where you would write the groups at the bottom, next to each other); as opposed to other prep companies I've seen, where they recommend stacking your groups vertically. I guess I was just wondering, is there a reason one or the other approach is better, or is it simply a matter of convention? Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi German,

I make the point that in the book we do it that way for consistency and convention, but that in general you can do it either way and you won't run into an issue. The only time that's not the case is when the game naturally implies some sort of spatial arrangement, such as with bookshelves that are vertically above each other. when that happens, we default to vertical of course.

Thanks!
 German.Steel
|
Thanks Dave! Makes sense.
Dave Killoran wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:09 pm Hi German,

I make the point that in the book we do it that way for consistency and convention, but that in general you can do it either way and you won't run into an issue. The only time that's not the case is when the game naturally implies some sort of spatial arrangement, such as with bookshelves that are vertically above each other. when that happens, we default to vertical of course.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.