LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 lulaolang@gmail.com
|
As the subject says, assuming that the game is not the last one (or there's no point of discussing this), and assuming that if I do not move onto the next game, there will be less than 8 min 45secs for each of the subsequent games, what would be the best strategy in this case?

I know there must be at least 4 scenarios that we should discuss separately:
1. When there are just 1-2 questions left in the game set, and I feel confident to work them out;
2. When there are just 1-2 questions left in the game set, but I am not sure if I will be able to work them out;
4. When there are more than 2 questions left in the game set, and I feel confident to work them out;
3. When there are more than 2 questions left in the game set, and I am not sure if I will be able to work them out.

Any insight will be appreciated! :-D
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
That figure is just an average, not a cutoff, lulaolang. Some games will take longer and some will take less time, and for many people a wise strategy is to focus on three games in the time allotted instead of trying to do all four, which means you have an average of 11.5 minutes per game (leaving 30 seconds at the end to guess on the last game).

If a game is going well and you feel like you have a good diagram and the questions are not taking you too long, don't stop because of some artificial deadline! But if you are in the middle of a game and everything is a fight and you aren't able to make quick inferences, then you probably missed an inference or misunderstood a rule, and you might be better off leaving that game long before that time and going to another game, returning to the troubling game later if time allows.

Never let the clock dictate your actions! You are in charge of your test, not the clock!
 lulaolang@gmail.com
|
Adam Tyson wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:44 am That figure is just an average, not a cutoff, lulaolang. Some games will take longer and some will take less time, and for many people a wise strategy is to focus on three games in the time allotted instead of trying to do all four, which means you have an average of 11.5 minutes per game (leaving 30 seconds at the end to guess on the last game).

If a game is going well and you feel like you have a good diagram and the questions are not taking you too long, don't stop because of some artificial deadline! But if you are in the middle of a game and everything is a fight and you aren't able to make quick inferences, then you probably missed an inference or misunderstood a rule, and you might be better off leaving that game long before that time and going to another game, returning to the troubling game later if time allows.

Never let the clock dictate your actions! You are in charge of your test, not the clock!
Thanks Adam, your reply does corresponds to my actual situations when I do the logic game section, and it helps a lot!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.