LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 lsatstudent22
|
Hello!

I am approaching the end of the Logic Games bible, and I have completed 3 sets of the re-challenges. However, with a lot of PTs to spare (albeit mostly old- I have 1-80; I'm planning on doing about 1-2 PTs a week until the LSAT in September), I was wondering if it may be better to start practicing new logic games from PTs I won't be using rather than completing the re-challenge sets?

If it helps to know, my main issue at this point is making deep inferences/not missing inferences as well as knowing when to Identify the Templates/Solutions in a timed setting. I don't think I can realistically complete all 4 games with enough accuracy, so my plan for now is to have 100% accuracy on 3 of the games.

Any input would be much appreciated, thank you!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I think you should do a mix of both! There's a lot to be learned from doing older games that you have never seen before, and there's also a lot to learn from re-doing games you have done in order to see how your skills have improved. Mix it up, you have plenty of time and plenty of resources available!

And if you are missing opportunities to do templates when they would have been a good choice, try this mental shift in your process: with every game, you should be eagerly seeking the opportunity to do templates. It's not a question of "do I have to do templates on this one?" It's a question of "do I get to do templates on this one? Would they help?"

A lot of students fear that trying templates will be a waste of time, but I've found that if I start down the path of doing templates and it isn't paying off, I can just stop and move on to the questions, glad to have discovered what little I did in that process. And if it is paying off? Hooray! That's a huge win! So don't be afraid and don't hesitate. Go boldly down that path if you think there is any chance it might be powerful and helpful. Just be ready to stop and move on to the questions if it isn't.
 lsatstudent22
|
Thank you so much for your helpful advice! I certainly will try the mental shift because that fear of wasting time is definitely what makes me miss opportunities for insightful templates. Thanks again

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.