LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 German.Steel
|
When I first started studying logic games, I never in a million years expected to have this "problem," but I've somehow gotten to the point where I'm routinely able to finish all four games with 7-10 minutes remaining with a high degree of accuracy. However, once I'm "finished," I have no idea what to do with my remaining time. Any pointers? I usually just randomly check questions, or review wording on different rules to make sure I didn't somehow misread something (even though I read the rules twice), but it feels pretty aimless and non-concentrated. Any tips on making better use of "extra time" at the end of logic games, to the extent that I have it?

Thanks in advance!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi German,

Congrats on being where you are with the Games section! That's a huge accomplishment, and you should be proud of it!

I'd recommend you think about a process of "flagging" questions to return to in your extra time. There are two categories of questions I'd generally want my students to flag. First, you should be sensitive to the questions that gave you any kind of "pushback" in the process of answering them. Any even minor uncertainties or hiccups as you arrived at an answer could create the chance for a disconnect, and an incorrect answer. By flagging questions like that, you'll know immediately which questions are the highest priority for a return trip and a "checkup" to make sure you chose the correct answer. Second, I'd also recommend flagging any questions where you didn't definitively eliminate wrong answers. I'm sure you have some of those. I always do on an LG section. While I do have a high degree of trust in my prephrase process, and I know it almost certainly led me to a correct answer, I also want to be aware when I'm moving on from a question without having definitively looked at and eliminated every wrong answer. I do that by flagging the question. Then if I have time at the end of the section, I can return to that question and do that definitive elimination.

These seem to me to be the most helpful categories of question to revisit, but you may have others (e.g., a question type that routinely gives you trouble, like a Rule Substitution question or a Global Justify question), based on analysis of your weak points in Games. This is where our analytics can be extremely helpful in identifying patterns you may be missing: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/analytics/.

I hope this helps!
 German.Steel
|
Thanks a lot Jeremy, that is very helpful. I don't think I use the flagging feature enough as I'm answering questions, and reviewing flagged questions could definitely be a useful way to more constructively navigate extra time to the extent that I have it.

Cheers!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.