LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 broth99
|
Hi,

I was just thinking suppose there is a game that is not a 1-1 game, but it has some other type of numerical distribution. If I have a rule that says "Either John or Roger can work on Tuesday". Because it is not a 1-1 game, does that mean both John and Roger can work on that day since either...or can mean both.

Thanks,
Barath S.

(P.S. This is a hypothetical game, so I don't have any references to point to. Sorry)
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Broth99,

So in your hypothetical situation, yes, John and Roger would both be able to work on Tuesday. "Either" means at least one unless stated otherwise.

If you wanted to write your hypothetical rule as a conditional, which can be helpful in certain games where this type of rule comes up with a lot of conditional statements, you would write it as such with the contrapositive:
No JohnTuesday------->Roger Tuesday
No RogerTuesday------->JohnTuesday

Sometimes the LSAT will say something like either John or Roger or both works on Tuesday, which means the exact same thing as either John or Roger will work on Tuesday.

I hope all of this helps.

Best,
Ryan
 broth99
|
Thank you!!!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.