LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 menkenj
|
Hi I'm inspired to write a logic game based on what my mom and I making for xmas given that our normal traditions are broken, we are having fun with food!

Here is a snippet. How would you diagram and simplify the first rule? How would this change if instead it ended with, "unless Jackie cooks the cornbread stuffing"?

Quarantine Christmas Menu

A mother and daughter pair construct a quarantine Christmas menu with exactly 9 items - cornbread stuffing, crab cakes, bacon, brussel sprouts with caramelized onions, sweet potato casserole, gingerbread cookies, fudge, cheesecake brownies, and wine. Eating dinner will be exactly three people - Jackie, Van, and Samantha.

If Samantha cooks the crab cakes, she also cooks the bacon and the brussel sprouts with caramelized onions unless she cooks the cornbread stuffing.
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi menkenj!

Glad you're having fun with food and logic games!

I'm not sure if you meant this to be a challenge to other forum readers or if you were looking for an answer from an LSAT expert, but I'll go ahead and provide you with how I would diagram that rule.

Samanthacrab cakes + Samanthacornbread stuffing :arrow: Samanthabacon + Samanthabrussels sprouts

Contrapositive:
Samanthabacon or Samanthabrussels sprouts :arrow: Samanthacrab cakes or Samanthacornbread stuffing

To change it to Jackie at the end of the rule it would just be:

Samanthacrab cakes + Jackiecornbread stuffing :arrow: Samanthabacon + Samanthabrussels sprouts

Contrapositive:
Samanthabacon or Samanthabrussels sprouts :arrow: Samanthacrab cakes or Jackiecornbread stuffing

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.