LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 leggo7890
|
Hi Powerscore,

I wanted to ask for some advice. I have worked really hard to make Logic Games my strongest area on the LSAT. I have gotten 0/-1 on quite a few sets but I want to be even more consistent. I also almost always go down to the wire with time and I want to see if I can build in recovery time (like 3-5 minutes) in case of a real-time emergency on the real LSAT.

Something I have noticed while I take PT's are that I feel I am quite cautious, especially on the first 2 games. I read the rules very carefully, diagram carefully, and then when I go through the questions, I naturally tend to check all answers and eliminate them all before committing to the correct answer. The thing is, I can already spot the correct answer but my desire for safety always seems to lead me to double-check and eliminate the others just in case before moving on.

Is this habit of being cautious holding me back potentially? Should I trust my instinct when I see the correct answer and just pick it and move on?
 kupwarriors9
|
Hey Leggo!

I'm kinda like you in the way I'm always slowest on the first few questions on any section! Accordingly, for LGs I find the best thing to do in that situation is attack the hardest games first and leave the easier ones for last :)
leggo7890 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 pm Hi Powerscore,

I wanted to ask for some advice. I have worked really hard to make Logic Games my strongest area on the LSAT. I have gotten 0/-1 on quite a few sets but I want to be even more consistent. I also almost always go down to the wire with time and I want to see if I can build in recovery time (like 3-5 minutes) in case of a real-time emergency on the real LSAT.

Something I have noticed while I take PT's are that I feel I am quite cautious, especially on the first 2 games. I read the rules very carefully, diagram carefully, and then when I go through the questions, I naturally tend to check all answers and eliminate them all before committing to the correct answer. The thing is, I can already spot the correct answer but my desire for safety always seems to lead me to double-check and eliminate the others just in case before moving on.

Is this habit of being cautious holding me back potentially? Should I trust my instinct when I see the correct answer and just pick it and move on?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
leggo7890 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 pm Hi Powerscore,

leggo,

It doesn't sound like caution is holding you back. Many people struggle even to finish the LG section, and among those who do finish, few can get -0 or -1. So you're currently using all your time to get perfect or nearly perfect - it sounds like what you're doing is working! While I think getting a little faster can be beneficial (if it does not sacrifice accuracy in any way), 3-5 minutes left is a huge buffer, difficult to get without some loss of accuracy, so I'd say, largely, keep doing what you're doing.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.