LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 michaelakrulee
|
Hi all,

I apologize if someone has made a post on this before, but I need help perfecting LG. I can pretty consistently get between -1 and -3 on the section. But it really depends on what games I get and their difficulty. If I get a Pattern game, then I'm usually thrown off and score worse. My question is how do I proceed from here to get to -0? I have done many MANY timed LG sections and usually repeat them at least twice to make sure I'm learning all I can from them. This has helped progress a lot, but how do I perfect this section? Should I be drilling the hardest games to make sure I'm not thrown off when they come up? This sounds right to me, but these games usually require thinking on your feet so I'm not sure how best to master them. Thanks in advance :)
 Hanin Abu Amara
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi!

I'm sure you've heard before that at this point you need to practice, practice, practice. There are a few things you can look into and consider.

1. Is timing an issue? Do you find that you're rushing? If not, the questions you tend to get wrong do they have something in common? Are they generally very difficult? When you're this close to perfect you have to get very nit-picky with yourself and fix any weakness that you see.

2. This is a drill that helped me perfect my LG. And it sounds like you're already doing it. On Monday I did a few logic games. Any game that wasn't "perfect" I reviewed, learned from my mistakes and set aside to try again the next day. On Tuesday I took the stack of games that were not perfect and I tried them again. Yes, a lot of it is going to come from memory and that's ok. LSAC isn't re-inventing the wheel for every test. Repeating games has a benefit because almost all games fit into some sort of group/pattern. If you still didn't get it perfect Tuesday then set it aside and try it again two days later.

3. You mentioned pattern games as a weakness. You want to fix that weakness. Review pattern games, try them multiple times, and find a strategy that works for you. The PowerScore blog has lists of miscellaneous games I suggest looking at.

4. Lastly, yes! Do the hard LG questions, the hard LG section. If you do the hardest possible then on test day there won't be surprises.

Hope that helps!

Hanin

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.